Firearm TransfersA Federal Firearms License transfer is necessary when a person wishes to purchase a firearm outside of the state they reside in or from a geographically inconvenient FFL holder. Shoot Point Blank will assist customers with firearm transfers from licensed FFL dealers.
We will require a valid form of government issued I.D. upon pick up of any transferred firearms. Only the person whose name is on the transferred item’s paperwork can legally pick up the firearm.
All state or locally required waiting periods begin when the purchaser visits Shoot Point Blank and completes the required Federal and State paperwork. Waiting periods do not begin when the firearm is paid for on-line or when the firearm is shipped.
There is a $50.00 fee for transfer-in items.
How does the Firearm Transfer work?
- Fill out the Firearm Transfer form below
- We will exchange FFL information with the original firearm dealer and the dealer will ship to our Shoot Point Blank location.
- We will contact you when the firearm has been checked in by our receiving department.
- You will need to complete an ATF Form 4473 for the necessary background check. You must be the original purchaser.
- You will be charged $50.00 for the firearm transfer fee.
- If you spend $100.00 or more in-store at Shoot Point Blank during the transferred firearm pick-up, we will waive the $50.00 transfer fee. No same day returns of purchased merchandise.